Monday, June 29

Peppermint for Headaches

The last few days have been sad for so many people. The tragic death of Michael Jackson has many people upset including yours truly. While I didn't know him personally (like many of us did) and he has a questionable past, one thing can not be denied. He was a great musician and entertainer and my heart and prayers are extended to his family. Like Janet said, "To us he was a performer but to the Jackson's he was family." Besides, let he who has no sin cast the first stone.

However, it's now time to get back on focus (I'm sure Michael would want us to do that....life must go on). In my last post before Michael's death I started talking about essential oils and how a number of therapeutic grade essential oils have the ability to relieve and ease pain. Today I'm going to share the properties and benefits of using pure therapeutic grade peppermint oil to help alleviate headaches.

Quick Background on Peppeprmint
Peppermint is derived from the Greek name Mintha which means mint (aka Mentha piperita) and is a cross between spearmint and water mint. Peppermint is usually sterile and produces no seeds, only reproducing vegetatively. Peppermint has a strong, clean, fresh, minty aroma and is highly regarded for soothing digestion. Peppermint also has a high menthol content and can be inhaled to boost your mood before a workout*.

Peppermint for Headaches
One of the most astounding properties of peppermint is it's ability to soothe and even eliminate headaches altogether.* I've had much success using therapeutic grade peppermint essential oil to alleviate my headaches. I no longer pop a Tylenol or an Advil, both of which have been discovered to cause liver or kidney damage after repeated use.

Usage
I highly recommend Young Living Therapeutic Grade essential oils because I know they are effective. I use them often. Once obtaining your peppermint essential oil, simply apply one drop of Peppermint oil to your temples, front of forehead and base of the neck. You don't want to over do it because peppermint oil has a very strong aroma. One-two drops to cover those 3 areas is sufficient. I have had so much experience with peppermint essential oil, I'll never use a pharmaceutical drug for a headache again. Not only does the peppermint oil alleviate the headache, it clears your sinuses and eases the sinus pressure.*

To purchase Young Living Therapeutic Grade Essential Oil, please visit www.youngliving.org, sign up to become a wholesale or retail customer with distributor #1066504 and discover like I have, the power of Peppermint Essential Oil to alleviate headaches, sinus pressure and even soothe digestive concerns.*

Peppermint as a powerful essential oil is often diluted before topical application but can be used directly on skin as long as there are no open wounds. As with most essential oils, if you are pregnant or under a doctor's supervision you should consult your doctor before using.

In a few days, I'll share with you the essential oil that is absolutely phenomenal at alleviating neck and back pains. Stay tuned...

*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA (however, I've experienced the results personally)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Contact Michelle:

Your Name :
Your Email :
Subject :
Message :
Image (case-sensitive):
Relax The Back 125x125