Monday, May 25

Honoring on Memorial Day

Today is Memorial Day, the day we honor those who have lost their lives serving our country in military service. It's a beautiful day here in New York, a perfect day for a parade.

While some may find this day to be a sad day due to the loss of a loved one who served in Iraq or other war, be encouraged. Your loved one provided a priceless service to this nation. Because of their sacrifice, many people have the freedom to live peaceful lives.

I want to say that it does not matter if the person lost their life after one year or ten years of service, this nation would not be as fruitful as it has been. In spite of the recession, in spite of the horrific things that go on day to day, the U.S. of A. is still the greatest country on the planet. Ok, some may not agree. That's just my humble opinion. Of course, there are other great nations but since I'm in the USA and I benefit from what goes on in this nation more than others, that's my vote! I don't like everything that goes on here but in spite of it, I can walk around a free black woman.

Thank God for our Service Men and Women

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Contact Michelle:

Your Name :
Your Email :
Subject :
Message :
Image (case-sensitive):
Relax The Back 125x125